Sustainability is an increasingly important consideration for asset owners, engineers, and construction companies.
However, it is also a term that means different things to different people. It often carries connotations of added cost or increased complexity. This is further complicated by political, regulatory, and social initiatives to drive change in an industry that is deeply rooted in tried and tested methodologies.
As a result, the market is littered with conflicting advice and systems for implementing sustainability. With engineers, and construction companies constantly challenged to deliver high-quality structures on budget, adding this extra layer of requirements can present real challenges.
Envirocon’s takes a circular economy approach to sustainability. Technical definitions aside, the concept of the circular economy is about using resources with ever more efficiency.
Envirocon products are an example of the epitome of the circular economy approach;
● We take high-quality excess concrete from the old, linear economy, and turn it into valuable precast concrete products through an Accredited Product Stewardship Scheme.
● We use great design to create products that deliver a unique combination of benefits for our customers;
- Speed of install – delivering lower labour costs;
- Durability grounded in traditional engineering principles – achieving safety and structural integrity outcomes;
- Flexibility to modify the structure as the business evolves – maximising resource efficiency.
● At the end of a structure’s life, the product can be non-destructively dismantled and reused over and over again. In fact we’re so confident in our product we offer a unique buyback guarantee.
The result is a range of precast concrete construction products that delivers a unique combination of sustainable and cost-saving outcomes.