Since 2004 Envirocon has been supplying high-quality precast concrete blocks made from recycled concrete to the New Zealand market.
We use great design to develop products that empower our customers to be more efficient and more sustainable.
Our unique concrete block wall systems deliver a unique combination of benefits – they’re fast to install, deliver unrivalled durability, and are backed up by comprehensive engineering systems.
These interlocking block systems enable civil engineers, architects, and builders to meet the demands of
their customers and implement sustainable solutions.
Please use the form below to tell us how we can help and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Our blocks are made from recycled concrete, allowing you to easily earn sustainability accreditations.
Our concrete blocks are easy to design with, can be reconfigured on site, reused for another application, or sold back to us through our
We can provide you with an engineered solution to suit any application, no matter how simple or complex.
Envirocon offers a range of engineering design services. Based on the requirements of the project, we offer the following levels of design support:
1. Generic engineering and proprietary knowledge – best suited for low height, non-structural
applications or where the customer is price sensitive.
2. Geotechnical design – using Geo5 design software for the calculation of wall designs will provide a
record of design verification, but will not meet PS1 standard.
3. Specific engineering design – we engage our consulting engineer to develop a project-specific
design with an accompanying producer statement.
Sustainability is an increasingly important consideration for asset owners, engineers, and construction companies.
It is also a term that means different things to different people. It often carries connotations of added cost or increased complexity. This is complicated by political, regulatory, and social initiatives to drive change in an industry which is deeply rooted in tried and tested methodologies.
As a result the market is littered with conflicting advice and systems for implementing sustainability.
Envirocon takes the circular economy approach to delivering practical sustainability.
Technical definitions aside, the concept of the circular economy is about using resources with ever more efficiency. Asset owners, engineers, and construction companies are constantly challenged to deliver high quality structures at the lowest possible cost.
Envirocon products are an example of the epitome of the circular economy approach:
● We high quality excess concrete from the old, linear economy and turn it into valuable precast concrete products.
● We use great design to create products that deliver a unique combination of benefits for our customers – speed of install [delivering lower labour costs], strength and durability grounded in traditional engineering [achieving safety and structural integrity outcomes], and flexibility to modify the structure as business evolves [maximising resource efficiency].
● At the end of a structure’s life, the product can be non-destructively dismantled and reused over and over again. In fact we’re so confident in our product we offer a unique buyback guarantee.
We’ve taken the hard work and cost out of sustainability. By simply choosing our products, you contributing to a better world. Read here on how you can easily get accredited to be recognised.
At the heart of both systems is a mass concrete block. The mass of the block is supplemented with an interlocking design that provides a shear key in both horizontal directions – essentially stopping the blocks from sliding off each other. Combined, the shear key and mass of the block form a gravity-based wall. The wall can be further reinforced using:
Vertical steel reinforcement – Tying the wall together and into the underlying foundation using vertical steel reinforcing bars to create a cantilever wall
Geogrid – Tying the wall into the retained material using cast in geogrid to create a Mechanically Stabilised Wall.Read More