What Is Interbloc?
Interbloc is a mass precast concrete block. The block incorporates a unique double cross interlocking design.
This interlocking design provides two key benefits;
- It provides a shear key in both horizontal directors which prevents stacked blocks from sliding, and
- It speeds up installation as the blocks self-align during placement.
The block combines with a number of different reinforcing options to create a precast ‘instant’ wall system. It is the system that delivers the unique combination of speed of installation, strength, and safety.
Block Dimensions, Volumes, and Weight
Interbloc offers three core sizes of blocks;
- 1200 block
- Dimensions: 1200mm long x 600mm wide x 600mm high
- Weight: 1000kg
- Volume: 0.42m3
- 1800 block
- Dimensions: 1800mm long x 600mm wide x 600mm high
- Weight: 1500kg
- Volume: 0.64m3
- 600 block
- Dimensions: 600mm long x 600mm wide x 600mm high
- Weight: 500kg
- Volume: 0.21m3
Variations are made to the block in order to meet a specific requirement for the structure. Stock variations include;
- Flat Bottom: creates a seamless connection between the wall and underlying foundation. A sealant can be applied to the foundation during installation to improve moisture protection.
- Flat Top: allows for structures to be fixed to the top of wall. Alternatively it provides a ‘footpath’ to provide access at the top of wall.
- Capper: this tent shaped block sits on top of the wall and prevents the build up of materials which overflow from the bin.
- Angle: this block sits on the front of a stepped back wall to provide a smooth transition between each block.